Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Kahn's

It is raining and sleeting and snowing and grey, and North Dakota is flooded. Work is slow and paperwork is looming and the summer isn't quite here yet. But! On a brighter side, we went to Kahn's last night with Mike and Penny and Clay and his wife- whose name eludes me.



Kahn's Mongolian Barbeque
2720 Snelling Ave N
Roseville, MN‎
By checking out websites and other reviews and things, I feel that it is not a part of a restaurant chain. That's pretty cool.

So I'll quickly talk about Mongolian BBQ: There is a buffet table of raw proteins (all sorts! chx, beef, pork, fish, calamari, shrimp, tofu, etc etc etc) noodles (rice, egg, etc) tons of various veggies,
and then sauces and cooking oils which you load up all together for the ultimate personalized stir-fry. A staff member offers assistance for the sauces and you end up with your very own recipe which is stir-fried up in front of you by some very very talented gentlemen with some giant chop-sticks. Its pretty amazing to watch them!

Experience Ratings:
Ambiance/Space: 5
I've never had a problem with their decor. Its always wind-tunnel freezing cold though.
Bathrooms: 7
Clean, private, darkish. Nice.
Food/Drink: 9
Mongolian Barbeque is always fun. I did well last night and made a rice noodle and bok choy calamari mess that was light and well portioned. I like the little doughy sticky things they serve for dessert too. I requested no duck wing, which freaks me out. Drank tea to combat the wind-tunnel and it was served in a nice little teapot. They have a specialty cocktail called... Mama Kahn... I think, and it is amazing.
Service: 8
Actually all the servers here are always super cool and right there.
Overall: 8
I like Kahn's. Not bad for a crabby night.

No comments: