Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Flight and Day 1 in Paris


This will chronicle my stay in France these next 6 weeks- I will post pictures and tales of life, tourism, and my classes in this magical land of cheap wine and roundabouts. I bet all the wine's not so cheap. This bottle I just bought was though- about the same price as the $3 bottle of water. Sick huh? Any talk of sanitation issues regarding the reuse of my water bottle will go straight down the WC.




So I flew out of Minneapolis with my group, which was different than last time, because before I traveled alone.


The flight was unremarkable. Except that Iceland air served us reindeer meatballs for dinner.




Now that we are in Paris, I spent 10 euros at a mcdonalds-esque "restaurant", because I got salmon on my salad. We dubbed the screaming birthday party of 25 eight-year-olds the "barefoot banshees." It was entertaining to watch these kids take laps around the place while their parents sat around their philly melts and smoked cigarettes. BTW this was the ONLY place open since it is Sunday. Except the little epicerie where we bought e2 bottles of wine. That's right. cheaper than the water. I wasn't kidding about this. My bottle of Beaujolais was e5 and was a rip off. I'm sold on the stuff that says "rouge" and amounts to cheap. also, next time I'll scrap the culturalism and order the e2 "hot dog."




Anyway, basically I'm having fun and resolving to be cheaper!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

mm mmm.. be sure to bring home a recipe for those reindeer meatballs! :)